CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

December 31

Its the last day of 2008! I arrived C08 Bioinformatics lab about 8 in the morning. To my disappointment there is no one here! The sign on the door said that the lab will be open at 830am. Feeling so hungry, I tried to find food to eat but unfortunately could not find anything. There is no stalls around this area. I heard that there is a food restaurant nearby but to say near it still needs another long walk! AHH! I would rather stay and wait...

Dr Shahir finally appear about 9am :) Meeting him was really unexpected-I felt like I am not ready to meet him as I only communicated with him through emails and never met him face to face. From his facebook picture he looks kind of big but when meeting in person it is nothing like that at all :)

First I updated him with things in Mission College and about Dr Joy. It will really be exciting if these two professors meet one day :) But is that possible? Ask Dr Shahir go to Mission College? What will he be doing there? Or maybe ask Dr Joy to come and have a visit here:) Yeah... its a wonderful place to visit! Because it is so much bigger than Mission College! Yeah Dr Joy, you should come and visit :)

Dr Shahir showed me around the building, bring me to visit the lab, introduced me to the students (degree, masters and PhD students) and to the supervisor- Kak Atirah that will be supervising me in my project. I am not so clear what I need to do yet. All I know is that I need to be good friends with marine bacteria, hope that it won't make my job harder :)

After that, I sat down with Kak Atirah as she go through with me briefly my project and she also given me a copy of her thesis with a topic that is similar to mine. So I was told to read her thesis and to get familiar of the procedures, methods, materials, and etc of the project, because I will be doing another thesis of my own! And I never written a thesis before!

Ponders about year 2008- IF talk about reflection, all I want to say is that I am out of Mission College! How excited! yes! Well I just couldn't wait to graduate :) And I am glad to be able to explore a new place before I step into the world of work :) May this new year of 2009 be a pleasant and exciting one :)

0 comments: